Tuesday, 25 September 2018

Position And Orientation


Achievement Objectives:

Level 3

Use a coordinate system or the language of

direction and distance to specify locations and describe paths.

Level 4
Communicate and interpret locations and directions,
using compass directions, distances, and grid references.


Using Directional Language


Success criteria:
  • Use four turns using fractions or angles e.g. ¾ turn or 90 degree turn
  • Use compass directions only e.g. north, north east
  • Use feet as a measurement e.g. move 4 feet north






I learnt to trust my crazy friends, and partially learnt some geometry directions that I hardly knew and now know. 


Using the Coordinate System










Self Reflection: I need to work on my fractions.


What did you do well, what are your next steps?
Listening to directions , giving instructions clearly.  I was able to use fractions and degrees for turns. My next step is to use compass directions.

1 comment:

  1. Sophie, during this unit you did a lot of exploring. You have looked into fractional turns and simple angle turns to give and follow directions. Your next step is to continue to explore these areas of position and orientation and use them in finding grid coordinates.

    ReplyDelete

Eportfolio Reading